Moving house is one of the more stressful events in life. It will only add to the stress if you don’t make sure you’ve got the right removal company doing the job.
To decide which removalists to ask for a quote, check up on removal companies online and on review websites and create a shortlist. On the other hand, if you know people who have used a removals company recently and were happy, give that company a call.
Here are our recommendations as to what you should ask any removalist before letting them move all of your belongings to your new home…
1. How much the move will cost? Most operators will come out and give you a price on the spot once they understand what is involved.
2. What is included in the quote?
3. Do you charge a flat rate or do you charge by the hour?
4. Are there are any additional fees?
5. How long will it take to do the move?
6. If anything is delayed, can you put our furniture and belongings into storage? If you can, will this cost extra?
7. Can you provide me with a written, itemised quote?
8. Will the contract include a full description of what is included, the correct pickup/delivery dates and addresses of our current home and new home?
9. Will put together a complete list/inventory of everything to be moved?
Are there any questions you would add to this list?